Sunday, July 5, 2009

Recommended Read - Irregular Magazine No. 1

This is a free webzine I just came across today. The group (the Sheffield Irregulars) that is behind it look a cool lot. I've always enjoyed painting sessions with my gaming friends and they seem to have taken that to a new level altogether.

A couple of fine hobby articles, one on painting lava bases and one on painting an entire vehicle using only the GW Washes over a white basecoat.

The article on the new Guard Codex is a good laugh. It's been 2 and 1/2 years since I last played 40K with Jason (Geektactica) but I recall enough of the game to know just how broken the new Imperial Guard are. I guess if you're playing against them your opponent will occasionally have to hold you down like Sgt. Barnes, while shouting at you "Shut up! Shut up and take the pain! Take the pain!"

http://warbootsuk.yolasite.com/resources/irregular-magazine_issue1_summer09.pdf

I feel inclined to try my hand at writing a short story so I may win the original of the exquisite cover art.

No comments: