Thursday, February 4, 2010

Exciting News from Gripping Beast

I don't usually post product release news from companies in the hobby, but for the Beastie Boys I will make an exception. Gripping Beast is my favorite figure manufacturer and, frankly, I have the majority of their figures up to and including the Teutonic knights. Unfortunately, price is becoming a factor for me now, given the economic times, two young boys, and the middle-aged angst that I find afflicting me these days. So to hear that GB is going into plastics is refreshing. I mean, I have many of the plastic figure offerings from Victrix and the Perry brothers. If you have a Victrix French grenadier or a Perry voltigeur in hand, there could be no argument about quality. Plastic at 28mm is capable of exquisite detailing. So good stuff from GB. I can't wait to see the releases.




I SEE A DARK SAIL ON THE HORIZON!
The Vikings Are Coming!

Emerging from the sea-mist are the first fruits of our endevours in an exciting new area.......... 28mm Plastic Figures!

Naturally enough our first box will be Viking Hirdmen. On the left is one of the resin 'three-ups' that Darren couldn't resist painting. Nice.

Next issue we will have more details of the box and its contents plus plenty of pictures. We will also be letting you know how you can pre-order these ferocious Norsemen through a preferential newsletter special deal which will include a special limited edition metal figure.

If you can't wait, pop along to see us at the Vapnartak show at York Racecourse this Sunday (7th Feb) where we will have some of the resins on display.

No comments: