Monday, August 25, 2008

Every blog has a readership of one

That may be true, but to those that wander in, greetings.

This blog presents merely a glimpse of the writer. Nothing truly personal will be displayed. It is about the many hundreds of hours of my delvings into a strange hobby that has yielded to me friends, travel and, in a strange sort of way, a family.

I will begin with a display of several of my early projects. These are invlove GW products for reasons that hardly require explanation.

The name of my blog refers to the childhood home of these endeavours, their true beginning. It's a quote from Rilke I happen to like:

"And even if you found yourself in some prison, whose walls let in none of the world's sounds - wouldn't you still have your childhood, that jewel beyond all price, that treasure house of memories?"

No comments: