Friday, January 2, 2009

What I'm Up To These Days

Well, Christmas is over and yet the holidays are most definately not. I got three miniature related presents this year. One was the most excellent tome, "Painting Miniatures" by Danilo Cartacci. I got this book from Fantization after seeing a recommendation of Joe Videcki. Apart from that I got a truly amazing miniature from the Helldorado Westerners range called Georg von Holbein, and one of Privateer Press' newest warjacks, Beast 09.

Now I am nowhere near finishing Georg von Holbein, but I did the basecoats of Boltgun Metal (over TinBitz) and the Foundation Mechrite Red today to show where the miniature is going. I could have filled a little on the horse but I'm no perfectionist, and the only person who would notice will be looking to see whether it's a gelding if you take my drift. There was a bit of flash on the helmet of Georg.





Beast 09. I picked this up at the post office this afternoon and built it tonight. Nice kit. I don't know about the price. I paid it, but it was dear.



Comparison shot with a Juggernaught as Beast 09 is a souped up Juggernaught, and I thought I'd mention that a Jugger has a MSRP of $29.99 and Beast 09's MSRP is $54.99. It's a little strange. Shrug...



These are a unit of WFB High Elven Dragon Princes of Caledor, built, primed black and wetbrushed with TinBitz. I'm not decided upon where I am going with these and I'm trying to pick up another 5-10 so I'll await that development. But these are very cool miniatures, Jes Goodwin sculpts, first produced by GW in the early/mid 1990's. I always liked them.



eIrusk on the assembly line.



Yuri the Axe and his trusty henchwench.



The 4th edition High Elven plastic Spear and Archers. I always thought these rocked. I'm chuffed to have returned to this project after 12, yes, count 'em, 12 years.

No comments: